So, today we realized that what the previous owner meant when he said the shower was plummed in, was not quite what he must have actually meant. Bascially, there was a welded on cap and nothing extended up... luckily, my dad happens to have a plumbing degree and an assortment of random and very necessary tools. This also meant that a huge hole was cut in the wall
(notice the wall in the pic just to the left of the window- BIG HOLE!) and that Tommy and I had to make a Menards trip (needed 4 things, took just over an hour) to get random T shaped things with ears (still don't quite understand- but I did get the right thing!! (only thing that had ears!)) Between our dads, the shower was installed (in the picks, the faucets and the other hardware that actually make up the what-normal-people-refer-to-as-the-shower is not on yet), and the tiling is well under way!!!! We also got our dining room set yesterday and I made brats, baked beans, and Doritos for lunch- at the table!!!
This morning, by the way, Tommy and I used my bread maker for the first time and made zucchini chocolate chip bread!! My dad also put in the connection so our ice maker actualy works and re-ran some pipes so when you use the downstairs bathroom (our only functioning one right now) you don't trip over them. Anyway, here's some
ceiling
No comments:
Post a Comment