Wednesday, July 29, 2009

16 weeks!


Baby is starting a growth spurt! Right now baby is as big as an avocado!!! About 4.5inches long and 3.5 ounces. The legs are more developed and the eyes are moving more toward the front of the head and the ears are finding their final location as well. The "patterning" of the scalp has started, although one cannot see hair yet (the cowlicks are forming though- hopefully baby doesn't get the Sieben hair!) Toenails have also started growing!!! On the inside... the heart is pumping about 25quarts of blood a day!


We did have our first ultrasound yesterday. Baby looks great and is moving around a lot! Right now the heart looks as it should, but we will have an official answer at the next ultrasound in 4 more weeks. There is an EIF (echogenic, intracardiac focus)- basically a spot in the heart that glows on the ultrasound. They are pretty normal and usually go away at a follow-up ultrasound. They can, along with other things put together, mean bad things, but baby does not have any of the other things (ie the brain doesn't have cyts and the limbs are normal length!) Baby also has really cute hands, 5 fingers on each one, and cute little legs and ankles with no apparent club foot!


I am still having wicked heartburn, however, it isn't bad at all as long as I am good! (PS yesterday was national chocolate day and I DID NOT get to have chocolate :( oh well, I am surviving) and I am sure my waist line prefers this!!! We will post a side pic of my growing bump soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris and Heather (and baby)!
    Just read through your entire blog...it was fun to hear what's new with you and see the pictures of your house and of Ripley. I'll be checking back often to see updates!

    ReplyDelete