Wednesday, July 1, 2009

12- weeks... the end of the beginning...




Apparently I may or not be 12 weeks pregnant today. While doing a delivery with my doctor actually at about 3am, she informed me that my specialist changed my due date... well, luckily, I did a c-section with her a few hours later and asked her... according to her and the ultrasound she did 2 weeks ago, my new due date is January 18... whatever this means... I think for the most part we are going to go with the January 13 due date for awhile (as far as I am concerned) and if my docs go by something else... so be it!




So anyway... 12 weeks, officially the end of the first trimester. This week... reflexes. The baby's fingers are beginning to open and close, the toes curl, the cute little eye will clench and baby will start practicing a sucking movement. The intestines are currently in the umbilical cord (don't worry- this is normal) and they are starting to make their way back inside the belly. The kidneys are going to start making urine which means baby gets to go potty inside of me- this actually is most of the amniotic fluid. Nerves continue to fuse. The face has become human looking- the eyes are moving to the front of the head from the side, and the ears found a normal location. Baby is about the size of a lime and is just over 2 whole inches long!




My uterus is growing out of my pelvis now (still don't look preggo) and according to the pros- heartburn starts now (haha). If you care why the heartburn happens... the placenta produces the hormone progesterone, this relaxes the valve between the esophagus and stomach. I have, however, begun to geel more nauseated- blah! So not cool at 3 am helping someone push out her baby. Doesn't look so great when the doc has to sit down between all contractions! Otherwise, I am still having fun with heartburn and feeling overall pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment