Isaac is 7 weeks and I think we've really hit a fun time for him! He has fully established smiling now and it just melts your heart when he really gets going. He even kinda giggles with it sometimes (he's advanced!) Yesterday, funniest cutest thing EVER... I was holding Isaac and we were talking and smiling (with daddy too) and he put on a frown face- not a "I'm going to cry" frown but a clown like frown face then in an instant- blink-of-an-eye thing he broke into the cutest biggest smile EVER! We were smiling and laughing so hard and Isaac kept his grin and was playing along with us! Best mommy moment! Also, not only does he recognize Christopher and I but he also recognizes Ripley. Ripley loves to kiss him lots and lay practically on top of Isaac when we are playing and Isaac just stares and follows him! Notice the pic of the two of them compared to the first one of them- it really shows how big Isaac is getting! We are working on grabbing and holding onto things. If you put the rattle in his hand, he will hold onto it! We also got a mirror which he really enjoys looking into! As you may know, he isn't a huge fan of lying flat on his back but does like practicing sitting- especially since his neck is getting stronger by the second. He absolutely LOVES looking at lights! In an ideal world he'd have a mobile with different colored lights on it that he could stare at. Yesterday morning mommy and Isaac took a bath together- Isaac's first in the big tub- and he really enjoyed floating on his back (of course, he really enjoyed being blowed dried after the bath!) This week has not, however, seen any progress in sleeping. We are still getting up every 3-4 hours to eat at night. I am so looking forward to the day that I can get more than 5 hours of sleep at night and not NEED a morning nap to play catch up. Today, Isaac and daddy are spending the holiday at home together as I am at work- but wait until daddy sees what we got him for Valentine's day (I, ps, just got a dozen roses at work!)
PS Isaac is very excited to see grandparents and godparents in 2 weeks for his baptism- you all won't believe how big he has gotten!!!
PPS since I am currently at work, Pics will be posted tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment