Wednesday, August 19, 2009

19 weeks...

so, in all technicality, this could be half way to baby- and I am super hoping it is... not because I am uncomfortable or anything like that, but because it works best with my schedule!

Baby's senses are developing this week which means baby is starting to be able to listen to Mommy!! He is the size of a large heirloom tomato now and just over a 1/2 pound! His arms and legs are now proportional to the rest of him (hopefully he has my long legs not christopher's stubby ones!!) The kidneys are making urine and lots of hair is growing on his head (if he's blessed with lots of hair at birth that is). The waxy white covering on baby (the vernix) is starting to form over his body which will help protect him from the amniotic fluid (necessary, imagine being in a bathtub for 9 months straight- how would your skin feel!!)

As for me, I seem to get larger by the second... the ligaments holding my uterus are not liking the growing, which means I get these random shooting pains in my lower abdomen all the time, especially with quick movements. (Went swimming today and thought I was going to die when I pushed off the wall one time and those wonderful ligaments weren't liking what I was doing!) My palms may get red now (they are not) due to extra estrogen, and I may get what is called the mask of pregnancy (hopefully not)... I'll describe more if it happens!)

I attempted to go shopping last weekend for fat girl clothes and was super bumming. All the stores I wanted to go in I no longer can and I'm not quite big enough to fit in in the preggo clothes stores... LUCKILY, I am going home this weekend to go shopping with Nancy- I definately think shopping for this kind of experience should be done with support! I am very excited for this weekend!!!!!!

See you all next week at the "official" half way point! Unfortunately, next week I also start our in-patient team rotation so the sleep that I am getting will greatly decrease and the stress that I have now will greatly increase... it is NOT going to be a fun week! Oh, almost forgot, next Wed is my 20 week ultrasound... the official heart looking ultrasound... please cross your fingers and pray that our little guy is behaving himself and being normal and all that jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment